Asia-RiCE Phase 2 Work PlanAsia-RiCE is now entering its second phase, and this document describes the work plan for the constituent activities. The overall objectives of Asia-RiCE Phase 2 are to:
- Prepare rice growth outlooks for Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam, and provide them to AMIS (managed by FAO) and related agencies via GEOGLAM in collaboration with the ASEAN Food Security Information System (AFSIS);
- Add rice growth outlooks for Laos, Cambodia, and Myanmar;
- Manage and expand the agro-meteorological data distribution system JASMIN in support of preparing rice growth outlooks.
- Expand from TDS-level to country/region-level estimates (initially Vietnam (Mekong River Delta) and the top-10 rice producing provinces in Indonesia);
- Advance R&D around:
- Fusing optical and SAR data (including multi-frequency SAR) for rice growth monitoring at country-scale;
- Standardization of an in situ measurement procedure for essential rice variables (paddy/non paddy, plant height, yield, etc.) and the selection of sampling points for validation;
- The management and processing of very large optical and SAR data archives that are needed to support country-wide monitoring; and,
- Start to investigate methane emission and soil salinity measurements in Vietnam.
- Secure and coordinate further satellite data acquisitions via the Committee on Earth Observation Satellites (CEOS);
- Increase collaborations with stakeholders and donors; and,
- Investigate new data distribution architectures.
Click here to download the Phase 2 Work Plan.
Asia-RiCE 2015 Implementation ReportYou can also find the Asia-RiCE 2015 Implementation Report here.