Asia-RiCE Phase 3 Work PlanThis 2019 update of the Asia-RiCE Work Plan has been prepared to reflect the latest status of Asia-RiCE and to define Asia-RiCE Phase 3.
Asia-RiCE Phase 3 (April 2019 – March 2021) aims to:
- Promote the use of EO data for wall-to-wall rice crop monitoring in cooperation with GEORICE and Asia-RiCE team members and international donors;
- Promote the use of new generation tools for big EO data analysis, such as the Open Data Cube and cloud-based systems with available data sources and tools (such as INAHOR and GEORICE);
- Continue to promote the use of the Open Data Cube in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Chinese Taipei in cooperation with VNSC, GA, ESA/CNES, NSPO, and JAXA;
- Promote outcomes, output applications, research results, and progress at international conferences such as the ESA Living Planet Symposium, IGARSS, ACRS, etc.;
- Continue to promote the generation of rice crop outlooks in Asia using the agro-met information from Japan (JASMIN) and India (MOSDAC).
In addition to these practical aspects, the following research topics are also priorities:
- Research around creating ARD time series from SAR and optical data for rice crop monitoring using Open Data Cube;
- Rice crop models for yield estimation;
- Methane emission from paddy fields;
- Standardization of field surveys for validation of results at national and regional scales (in cooperation with GEORICE);
- The practicality of potential integration of operational systems such as FASAL (India);
- Capacity building in Asia in cooperation with available training centres such as ARTSA, IIRS, CSSTEAP.
Click here to download the Phase 3 Work Plan.